Wanted - Delawares - pix from recent photos?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Greenspur, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Greenspur

Greenspur Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2008
    NY State
    I have an acquaintence that is seeking large Delawares. The photos of some Delawares in the recent photos section look pretty good - can anyone let me know whose those are or where they came from? Really wanting Standard-bred quality if possible.
    Thanks,
    PC

2. lds_horselover2005

lds_horselover2005 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2008
    South Central PA
    It is going to be hard to get some pure delawares because it is a rare breed. (As in rare to find a breeder that breeds pure delawares) I had to get eggs off of e-bay and hatch my own to get some. I asked about this before here. I got a pm from someone that said they have eggs. Shortcake1806 is the screen name of the person that sent me the pm. You could pm her.

3. Greenspur

Dec 8, 2008
    NY State
    Thanks horselover -
    I was hoping that whoever posted those photos recently (a Delaware group and a rooster) would pipe up. They looked better than the average hatchery caliber, but then maybe it was good care I was seeing. PC

4. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    if you want to breed to the standard get in touch with speckledhen or seriousbill but they both have waiting lists

5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I bought eggs from shortcake1806 last fall....hatched out some pretty nice chicks...definitely above average on the standard scale. [​IMG] She's been working on her stock for several years now.

6. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I've posted some pics of my Dels -- if the pic on my BYC page is one that you're thinking of, let me know. I might be able to help.

7. Greenspur

Dec 8, 2008
    NY State
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. There is a group photo of Delawares still up in the "recent photos" section of a rooster and two hens. Anyone want to claim them, or maybe share where they came from?

Thanks!
    PC

8. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    You're looking for seriousbill.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by