Wanted: Dominant White Ameraucana eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by CrazyCatNChickenLady, Feb 20, 2012.

1. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    Does anyone have Dominant White Ameraucanas? Not EE's but hey if anyone one has dominant white EE's too let me know. I am looking for birds that carry dominant white and not reccesive white. Chicks should hatch white and not smokey colored I beleive. Please let me know, I am looking to buy fertile eggs for shipping soon.

2. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    I have some.Just starting to set up the breeding groups.I have been working on these for 4 or 5 years.Not showable yet.I have a large black over white / black split hens.Eggs ready in 2-3 weeks.Breed from white/blacks splits to produce pure whites.I did not like the size of my split roosters so will use black again.I may have 1 split rooster left on free range.That is if the predaters have not got him.Could use him over these hens if you like.

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I have LF White AMs They carry the dominate gene. HOWEVER I do have some chicks hatch yellow and some hatch smokey grey (all obviously feather white) All birds in my breeding group are white. There are pictures of them here-

www.feathersontheground.com

4. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    Didn't I PM you a couple months ago but the girls werent laying that well? Things are picking up fast here so let me know how your girls are laying.

5. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL

I forgot to mention that I am also working on bantam dominate white.Could supply some split for white.I only have one pair but the rooster can cover a lot of hens.

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Yes they are laying really well right now.

7. ChickenLeg

ChickenLeg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    I don't know if you're still working on these whites, but if so, how are they coming along?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by