Wanted..........Dominique bantams

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KingsCalls, Dec 5, 2007.

1. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Songster

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Ok, I've decided that for my new breed of bantams this spring....I want Dominique's.
    Hopefully someone on here has some as I do not want large hatchery stock! I would like to have a few adult birds around March 2008 and I will take eggs also. Hopefully I am getting some Orps from a couple of people on here come spring for my standard size birds and I am wanting a new bantam breed and Doms are it. I am in East Tn, can pick up within a reasonable distance and would pay top dollar for good birds. Please e-mail me with any info. on birds or eggs you may have for sale around March............Thanks, Jeff

2. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Good Luck I looked and looked for 2 years for the lil buggers. Finally after little to no success in finding Pure breds no less ( had a few try and sell me bantam barred rock crosses) I just ordered 10 from Cackle. I still have 5 left as they were not the hardiest creatures. I'll probably get another 10 if they are available? I got the last of their hatch from this year and that was in July!! Anyways its a start for me. So far I'm happy with the characteristics on these, as in the past I have had awesome standard size birds, so we shall see.

3. seedcorn

seedcorn Songster

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    So what do you think of them now? I'm also considering ordering some for this spring. Any info. would be appreciated.

4. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    I like them quite well. I will have to order a few more though in the spring to have a decent size flock to choose from. I will say this.. All have good rose combs, proper barring, and good leg color. Unlike the standard size though I could not tell sexes right away by the spots on their heads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by