1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WANTED: Dominique, (Domineckers) Barred Rocks, in TEXARKANA< TEXAS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by frontierman1969, Mar 29, 2007.

1. frontierman1969

frontierman1969 New Egg

Mar 29, 2007
    I am looking for Dominique, domineckers, barred rocks, rhode island reds, Large Laying hens with Large brown eggs. I have moved to the country, bought a 12 hole hen box and built a coop. I am ready for chickens and eggs! My family plans to eat the eggs.

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    You might call you local feed stores. They have chicks this time of the year, but they just might have gotten chicks from a local breeder they could put you in touch with since you're looking for layers. Also, since they sell chicken feed, they may know of folks who would have layers even if they didn't buy their chicks from them.

3. SleekDominique

SleekDominique Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2007
    This is certainly Geographically Undesirable, but I just got Barred Rocks and am expecting a shipment this Tuesday of Dominiques from Georgetown Farm Supply. I live in N. Austin, a nice 5 1/2 hour drive from y'all! Georgetown is a measly 5 hours away from Texarkana.

Cheers,
    Holly

4. ourhouse51

ourhouse51 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2007
    SE Oklahoma....
    Have you checked out the free trade papers you see? I live across the river in Oklahoma and sometimes see ads for chickens..

5. RoyalHillsLLC

RoyalHillsLLC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    NW Louisiana-Vivian
    I live right down the road (especially when "the road" I-49 is finished) from Texarkana. We bought some of our chicks right here in Vivian at the feed store. There are a lot of stores around you can order from or just order them yourself from the growers. They sell direct also. I have some free bantam roosters if you know anyone wanting some!
    I also ordered some Muscovy ducks and the minimum online order was 6. I would love to find someone in the area who would like a couple of them!

6. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Are you still looking for chickens? I have 13 young Barred Rocks that I am giving away. I live south of OKC in Oklahoma.

7. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    If you have an incubator, there are some Dominique eggs on Ebay but they are horribly overpriced ($60 + shipping for two dozen). Why do I always find horrible deals? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by