Wanted doves

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dr8goons, Apr 14, 2009.

1. dr8goons

dr8goons Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    VA
    iam looking for soild white doves if you have any please let me know iam located in VA

2. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    I have 2 young doves, neither is soild white but they are peach and brownish colored.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Duck n cover, where in PA are you located? How much are you asking for the doves and do you know the sex of them?

4. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    Throop, Northeastern PA

They're waaay to young to tell sex yet.

and $20 each b/c they were handfed and are very tame. I just weaned them 3 weeks ago...lol. I will let you haggle the price a little.

want a picture?

Still Handfeeding:
    [​IMG]

Today:

[​IMG]

They're wings are clipped.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    They are adorable! I can't believe you hand raised them! I've tried unsuccessfully in the past and it is definitely very time consuming.

I have four doves right now...two pairs I think. They live in a big flight hutch in my barn now and I just love them. I used to have pigeons also, but my doves are so friendly so I decided to keep them and get rid of the pigeons instead.

I think you are about an hour away from me, so I will certainly think about it. I am finished with this semester at college in about two weeks, so I can't go anywhere until then, but I will let you know! I am planning on bringing two doves with me to school next year, as my room mate is taking the mice with her to a new college. We are very excited. We live in an on campus apartment, but since we are all science majors, the school lets us get away with having pets ;-)

Yours are adorable though! I love that peach color. I currently have a pied, a grey, a peach, and an albino.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by