Wanted: Dozen Hatching Eggs - Blue/Green Eggs in our future?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by annecros, Nov 15, 2010.

1. annecros

annecros Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Southeast Florida, USA
    Well, my cousin just bought a nice new incubator and her keets will be out of it soon. I am an urban chicken keeper looking to recruit replacements for my old, tired three year old hens, she has a small farm with plenty of room for more chickens. We both live in Florida, well south of the frost line. and we both free range our chickens. We are interested in a dozen hatching eggs for "Americanas" or "Easter Eggers(?)" hopefully in the blue/green range. We both understand that the chick may or may not lay the same color egg that it hatches from, and we know that mother nature can surprise! We are both hobbyists just looking for something to pretty up our brown egg baskets!

Willing to pay a fair price plus shipping and handling, your desired payment method. Would really love to see pictures of the parents! I know it is an awkward time of the year for most of the country, but this is really the ideal time of year for us! The heat is broken, and we never freeze, so about now is perfect! Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help.

Edit to add: Please PM me at Backyardchickens to contact me, otherwise leave your contact information in this thread. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
  3. annecros

annecros Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Southeast Florida, USA
    Thanks everyone for the responses! I have made contact with several people who can help us - so yes indeed, it looks like I have blue eggs in my future! This is such a great site!

4. exoticduckluvr

exoticduckluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Vancleave

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by