1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

wanted duck Colorado

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bnward5, May 11, 2009.

1. bnward5

bnward5 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Trinidad Co
    Hi I am in Trinidad Colorado, I have a adolecent Indian runner duck, she lost her best and only friend last Sunday she is getting more and more depressed and I am very worried about her. I have to ducklings coming either tomorrow or the next day. They will not be able to go out with her for another 4-5 weeks and I am afraid she will not make it. I was wondering if anybody knew anyone that was selling or willing to sale a older duck, regardless of breed or sex. I have been through all the pet classifieds and the few promising ones have fallen through

2. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    I have a few runner ducklings about 5 weeks old if you interested.

3. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    How old would you like to have?

4. bnward5

May 11, 2009
    Trinidad Co
    I am very interested my girl is about 2 months so any adult or adolecent would be great

5. cici_p

cici_p Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    I have a female pekin duck I desperately want to find a new home for. She is only 3 1/2 weeks old but as a pekin is probably as large as or larger than your 2 month old. She is very friendly and social--jumps in my lap to snuggle, and runs to me at feeding time. I have a similar problem as you--some younger ducks I am wanting to integrate and she is too big for them. Plus I just feel like I have one duck too many. (I did some hatching and ended up with too many--lol) I would give her to you for free if you are interested.
    I will be in the Denver area on Friday--not sure where trinidad is, but if it is close I could meet you some where.
    Just let me know.

6. bnward5

May 11, 2009
    Trinidad Co
    Thanks everbody for your help, this site rocks. I am picking up a runner duck Sunday thank you Kandy99. My girl will be soooo happy:D. The pekin duck sounds super cute and sweet and I hope you find her a good home I wish I had enough room to take her to. Wifezilla thanks for telling me about this site. Ya'll will be hearing a lot from me now that I found this place you cant get rid of me, first backyardchickens then the world Muah ha ha ha ha! Seriously thx everyone. Brandi

7. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Hooray! A runner! My favorite duck! Good choice! Enjoy your ducks and WELCOME!

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Wifezilla thanks for telling me about this site. Ya'll will be hearing a lot from me now that I found this place you cant get rid of me, first backyardchickens then the world Muah ha ha ha ha!

LOL

So glad you found a friend for your baby [​IMG]

(Or should I say "Glad you found another minion"??)​

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  9. bnward5

May 11, 2009
    Trinidad Co
    yes soon we will take over the world lol
    Quote:LOL

So glad you found a friend for your baby [​IMG]

(Or should I say "Glad you found another minion"??)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by