wanted dutch bantams

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Akane, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I have every breed I want so far this year but dutch bantams. I want some blue, black, and splash. I was hoping for just a dozen eggs from blue x blue so I'd be likely to get all three but I'll settle for whatever combination of eggs will get me all 3 colors. I have to wait 2 weeks for my quail eggs to hatch though because I've packed my incubators from one end to the other.

2. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Good luck, you'll need lots of it.

In my experience pure Dutch bantam breeders are hard to work with, as a rule they will not sell you eggs.
    I tried to get into Dutch Bantams but for that reason I gave up.

Then I saw a couple of pens with Dutch next to OEG's it was apparent that OEG's are much more attractive birds, although I do not raise them.

That' why OEG's are widely raised and available.

There is always a reason (s) a particular breed is rare or popular.

3. CalicoFarm

CalicoFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    North East Alabama
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  4. Akane

Jun 15, 2008
    Hmm... those are blue splash birds actually. They would only produce blue if crossed out so unless the seller is doing that I'd have to order black dutch seperately and cross the 2 to get blue. Or I could order eggs from ideal at $29 a dozen....

5. tbooher1

tbooher1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    I am your lady for dutch bantams. BUT...........ummm....no blue.....
    I have silver duckwing, lt brown, mottled brown, mille fluer, red pyle and black. Sorry on the blue!

6. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I just aquired a pair of blue light brown Dutch but just one pair, and she is not laying yet this year. Im gonna get another hen fron the guy I got them from next week. He breeds only Dutch and shows them at the ky. state fair. Ill take some pics tomorrow.
    I think they are just as nice as the OEG

7. clearblue

clearblue Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2009
    Try Theresa Booher in Texas. My 20 eggs from her produced 15 of the fiestiest little dutchies
    which amaze me daily.
    Her 12 khaki-campbell duck eggs produced 12 beautiful ducklings.

[email protected]

8. Akane

Jun 15, 2008
    I debated oegb but the dutch would fit my breeding program better. I don't care if they are show quality because I'm crossing them in with some other breeds in an attempt to produce something specific. I do need to know what I'm getting which is why I want purebred and I really want to stick with certain colors so I know what I'm going to produce and I'm not juggling various color genes with everything else.

9. tbooher1

tbooher1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    Hi Clearblue, thanks for the vote of confidence! I had just answered this post 2 entries above you! I don't know if you noticed or not. I am so glad your hatches went well.

10. chickedydoodaa

chickedydoodaa Taking a break

Feb 8, 2009
    Philadelphia PA
    Yes you put me in touch with her, she is VERY nice and VERY reliable! I got some eggs shipped thank you!
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by