Wanted: Easter Egger chicks in North Texas (DFW)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by spacetygrss, Sep 12, 2009.

1. spacetygrss

spacetygrss Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2009
    DFW, TX
    I am looking for Easter Egger chicks (female only). I live in Irving, TX and would be willing to drive a reasonable distance for them. I am looking for 2.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Is Burnet too far for you? I got my EE's there and he had a few more:
    http://www.mobilechickencoops.com/
    Call first though. He has a bunch of silkies as well...... I think we may go back and get one.

These are the ones I picked up, he calls them Ameracana though:
    [​IMG]

3. spacetygrss

Aug 24, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Does he have chicks or all started pullets? It doesn't look that far.

4. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    All 3 to 4 month old pullets from what I could see, there were so many and I was really distracted by the silkies [​IMG] Not the nicest bird place I've been to but by far not the worst either, he did have great looking birds though.

He may have more, I just didn't ask!

ETA, seriously, I was really distracted by the white dustmop that was pecking at my hands and legs. It was so ugly it was cute!

Also, the pullets I got are a little flighty but they are calming down fast, will let me pick them up if they are on the roost or getting there.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  5. spacetygrss

Aug 24, 2009
    DFW, TX
    OK, I see.

I'm really looking for chicks, but I might give him a call to see what he's got.

Thanks. [​IMG]

6. juliecox

juliecox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Hi! I have a broody Australorp who is hatching some Ameraucana eggs. They're true Ameraucanas, not Easter Eggers, but hey, that's pretty close, right? :-D They should be blue/black/splash. They will hatch later this week. Would you like me to send you some pictures when the chicks hatch? They will be $4 each.

7. spacetygrss

Aug 24, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Quote:Sure, I wouldn't mind getting some picks. On the breed page it says that Ameraucanas are "aggressive." Is this true? I want docile birds to be around my kiddos.
    Anyhow, like I said, pics would be great. Now, to get my husband to stop being a jerk...but that's an entirely different thread! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by