Wanted: EE Eggs

TurtleFeathers

Fear the Turtle!
14 Years
Jan 9, 2009
By the Chesapeake Bay
Hi All -

Was looking for EE and serama eggs a while back, but I found the serama eggs first and now my incubator is full. Is there anyone out there that might be willing to sell me a dozen EE eggs in mid February (or later, depending on shipping weather)? I'm located in Maryland.

Thanks so much!

If you don't find anyone closer, I will, from Alaska;) I'm real happy w/the latest EE's I hatched, BLRW hens x Black EE roo...they look like little squirrels (just like the BLRW chicks did) with beards:) And, GREEN LEGS!

I've also got Black Ameraucana Looking EE's, they lay pink or green eggs. My Black roo has two RIR hens in w/him, too. Do you have a preference or are you looking at a mix?

From the first hatch (fertility test) I only hatched the ones looking like the Black Ameraucana's, one roo and four hens, two lay pink, two lay green. The four eggs hatched and look exactly like their parents and pretty sure its one cockerel & 3 pullets. These have black legs.

Dec08003.jpg

The squirrel striped ones and the lil black one are from the recent hatch and more hatching all this month.
Picture088.jpg

The daddy roo I named Black Beauty but I think I'll change his name to Conan the Barbarian and put saddles on his poor ladies:
2ivlngh.jpg

(One of the BLRW hens behind him-they've produced some beautiful chicks, the squirrel striped ones in the middle pic)

Last edited:
Hi I've shipped to your state before. I'm in Georgia. ANd ship priority mail. Have lovely Easter Eggs (blue and olive green ones) We are on a chemical free farm and have wonderfully healthy food and shelter and love for the hens and roosters.

Here are pics of my darlings:

Eggs:
8875_p1010019.jpg

The blues and greens are of course from the EE's
EE's:

8875_p1010014.jpg

I have a great fertility rate 1 rooster for the 5 hens and the rooster is very active.

My cost is $25 for one dozen shipped of these and I ship priority.

I can also ship less if you need. Please deposit in [email protected]
if you want eggs and I'll put you on the February calendar for deliveries.
and then pm me on this board. Please do not write me at the e mail - no time to read emails we are full time farmers with many animals and crops etc.

Thanks. Hope I get to help you and Happy New Year!

Last edited:
HI, I too have EE's. All my girls lay blue or green. No pinks in this bunch.
This is my boy...he is a rumpless...altho I have yet to get a rumpless from them.
Buddy08.jpg

A few of the girls...
FaithEE08.jpg

EEGirls08.jpg

A few of the eggs...they look pale in the picture..but really they are not that pale.
Greeneggs07.jpg

PM me if you are interested, the price is $25/doz, priority shipping included.

OMG - what great birds you all have!!! Thanks so much for responding!!!

I have a question tho - WHY it never occurred to me to ask this in my original ad I don't know - but are any of your EE's bantams?

As I understand it, standard size EE's are "flyers", correct? Now that I'm learning more about them, I think containing them will be a problem, and its not safe to let them roam here. I'm thinking that containing bantam size birds will be easier for me, but I don't know that there IS such a thing as bantam EE's - any light you can shed on this would be helpful!

Thanks so much -

Kathy

Mine are not bantams. Actually with predators like hawks etc., in our area we use trailers moved regularly to protect them. Our hens/roosters have access to good grass grubs, etc and are kept free from harm including stray dogs etc. I'm not aware that a bantam will fly less than a full grown. I have a friend with bantams and they fly around like crazy!

Hope this is helpful.

Mine are not bantams, and yes, I know somewhere on here I read a thread of someone haveing bantam EE's. I dont remember where tho. Now, Mine are full size chickens....they have a 5 ft fence, and they do NOT go over it. Of course....by late spring it will be covered just for safety...but they do not fly over.

I don't really have EE's but I have standard ameraucanas who lay the bluegreen eggs and I am in NJ. I have some banty mixes and half banty's that lay a bluegreen to greenish egg but in my opinion the bantams fly even better than the standards.

Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom