1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Wanted: Egg Layers in PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by muddler6, Sep 20, 2007.

1. muddler6

muddler6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Hello Everyone,
    I am fairly new to the Chicken Biz. I have picked up all the supplies I need and then some. I live in Jefferson County PA and I am looking for a handful of free or cheap egg layers. My research has lead me to a couple Breeds for what I am looking for; Bramah, Astrolorp, Orpington, Giant Jersey, Barred Rock. But beggers can't be choosers. If you happen to live nearby and can help send me a message. Even if you just live nearby send me a message just to say hello. I'm not opposed to a flock of this and that birds too. Have a good day everyone!!

2. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Anyone know anyone in the Brookville, PA area with birds they may want to part with. I'd like to get some soon so they can get use to the place before winter, and if they are young, feather out. If I have to wait until spring, I'll live, but will still need some leads on where to go. I can get feed store birds easy enough, but would like some local birds. Help me out, please!

3. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    I live just south of Gettysburg and have about 11 laying hens all are 2-3 years old. Come take ya pick :) They free range and are very healthy (fat) and tame.... I just have too many.

4. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Thanks for the offer!! I will have to let you know if I can get down that way and pick them up, that is a pretty long drive though (about 4 hours). As it stand right now I am working 6 (and sometimes 7) days a week. That is a very generous offer though and if I can head down that way, I'll let you know.

5. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    muddler6

I have 2 bantam cochins ready to lay in November! ((14 weeks now))
    3 bantam eggs = 2 large eggs

[​IMG]

I am in Clarion county!

I am breeding in spring (austrolorp & black sex link)

6. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    sorry to intrude on your thread....but....

rchicks, what color is that pullet on the left??

7. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Rchicks,
    I tried to send you an e-mail yesterday, not sure if it went through or not. I am interested in the girls (great picture!!)[​IMG] Feel free to e-mail me bmdrs@yahoo.com, I also put my phone number in the e-mail I sent (if you got it). 2 questions, do these girls need roosts? what size nest boxes should I build?[​IMG]

8. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    pullet on the left is silver birchen!

9. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    I want the white frizzle, but you called it first. I have a black one and daughter thinks that it is the only chicken we have.

10. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    RChicks is setting me up with the 2 lovely girls pictured above (THANK YOU!!!!!) but I'd like a couple more hens to hang out with them if there are any other folks around with a bird or two to spare that would get along with the cochins.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by