Wanted EGGS Ameraucana, Marans or Welsummer

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Joyryder, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Joyryder

Joyryder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    I just got my incubator and I need eggs to hatch!

2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I have Marans and Ameraucanas check out my page. [​IMG]

3. Joyryder

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    What is the fertility rate for the Marans and the Ameraucanas? I might like 9 of each, dark brown and blue.

4. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    right now fertility for both those breeds is near 100% it's my silkies that I am struggling with, and my Araucanas.

5. Joyryder

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! 1 more question; what size are the eggs? Maybe a few questions: Price? Availability?

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Happy New Year!

here is an auction I have going on. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280297

as
    far as egg size I would say Jumbo size or bigger as both of my flocks are LF $45 for 18 eggs (pick-up) $53 if I have to ship them 9 of each and I will throw in an olive egger as an extra. The olive eggers are pretty much an almost guarantee to hatch as so far they are 100% hatch rate even on shipped eggs. They are from an Ameraucana hen and FBCM roo and always hatch out blue with beards and muffs some have single combs and some have pea combs and some have feathered legs others don't. The eggs themselves are a light blue green color but in theory the pullets that hatch from these eggs should lay that olive/gold color.

I have a few as chicks and juveniles of all of my breeds so if you are picking up you will be able to see them. The olive eggers are very pretty. both those flocks have eggs available if you are looking for the end of January. If I have a date set it wont be a problem and eggs wont be older than 5 days.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  7. Joyryder

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    Sorry, but I'm not sure if I understand your auction, is it 12 straight run, variety pack chicks for $35 for NY including shipping?

8. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    the shipping is $35 I just sent you to the auction to see pics of the chicks. the reserve on the auction has not been hit yet.

9. Joyryder

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    Got it. I like your eggs. I love that they're fed organic. Mine even get produce scraps from a green grocer. But I don't think I should use them for my first hatch, they're too nice. My hens are laying, they're just not separated in the winter. I'll test with them first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by