Wanted: Feathers

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by GothChick, Oct 27, 2010.

1. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to see if anyone on here would be willing to mail me some feathers from their birds. All different species and breeds are welcome. I collect any nice feathers I find from my birds but most of mine are pretty young so I don't get many feathers from them. I'm trying to get as many feathers as I can from as many different kinds of birds. I make projects and gifts for people using them and I used to buy my feathers from hobby stores until I got my own chickens and saw how naturally beautiful they are. With Thanksgiving coming up I need ALOT of feathers because we make miniature turkey centerpieces for family members and they use quite a few feathers to make. If anyone would be willing to mail me some feathers it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I think I still have some wild turkey feathers [​IMG]

3. GothChick

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Those would be really neat! I'm just trying to get whatever I can. I used to always buy the dyed ones in the store but when I got my chickens I just fell in love with their feathers. I get so many comments on my Buff Orpington feathers. I have this spray that is for hair called "Ultra Shine" and I spritz it on the feathers and they look like they are pure gold!

LOL! I think you are the only one that ever responds to my wanted ads. [​IMG]

4. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    But I read your post and was thinking about it......my daughter has a box of turkey feathers also.....will see if she will give it up. AND the grandgirls gather up feathers when they are up here....will tell them you need them for a project.

I post after I see my daughter tomorrow night.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    LOL
    I'll see what I can come up with, it's been looking like someone had a rough pillow fight in my yard for a while. The guineas and geese are always pulling feathers out of something [​IMG]

6. GothChick

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Shelley I got another responder!

Ok bburn thanks. Anything I can get will help. I am really hoping to find someone with Speckled Sussex feathers. Those must be really pretty too.

7. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I asked on another chat if anyone wants feathers and Shelley told me you were looking for some. PM me your address and I'll gather up a bunch in a ziplock and send them to you.
    My coop is loaded with feathers now that everyone decided to moult all at once. I think they drop feathers while they sleep.

Have a nice evening!!!
    Cindy

8. De

De Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Camden,AR
    I would be glad to help out to.. but there is 1 thing that you have to do and that is you have to put up pics. of what you make.......
    Pm me your address... and I do have a friend that has speckled sussex, so I will ask if I can get them....

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  9. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    I have catalina macaw feathers...

10. Grumpy Goats

Grumpy Goats Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2011
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I also have Catalina Macaw feathers if your interested. I also have buff laced and golden laced polish chickens that give unique feathers. Check out www.grumpygoats.weebly.com to see if any of my birds would produce feathers you might be interested it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by