Wanted: Female Ducks in KY for Randy Drake

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KyChknFarm, Mar 1, 2009.

1. KyChknFarm

KyChknFarm New Egg

Mar 1, 2009
    My drake is terrorizing my hens and I need some females to keep him calmed down. Let me know if you have any available. I'm in the Central KY area.

2. josh

josh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Might not solve your problem. I had a duck with my hens and he had girls but he chose to breed my hens not the other ducks.

3. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    you could find a swap meet around you. I don't know where you live but there is one about 10 min. south of Louisville on Sat mornings and they always have ducks for $5-$10. If you go to the KY people post (where am I, where are you) and ask about swap meets they could tell you.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    There is an auction in Sano KY, every Friday night. Usually, the only ducks brought that are either paired or males are muscovies. I am planning on buying some rouen pairs, and selling or processing the drakes. I can't find females anywhere!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  5. ametauss

ametauss Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Shepherdsville, KY
    shepherdsville Stock yards on Sat mornings...

Hwy 480 and Hwy 61... Always have ducks....

What kind of duck are you looking for??? For Muscovies, you cannot breed them to other duck types as the off springs are mules (sterile)....

6. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I'll be taking some Blue Swedish (5 weeks old) out to Sano this friday if ya want to come by and get some.

Not sure how many I'll be taking, since I keep selling them before they get out to the auction, but I'll have a few anyway.

I'm in Columbia - Adair County, if that helps.

7. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    where is sano located
    do they have chickens also?

8. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

yeah, they have all kinds of poultry - it's been slow cause of weather, but it will pick up and they'll have TONS of poultry once it warms up a bit more.

Sano is out near Russell Springs - The addy is somewhere in the KY People thread.... let me see if I can find it, then you can google the addy.....

Sano Goat and Sheep Auction (don't let the name fool you)
    331 W. Sulphur Creek Road, Columbia, KY

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=89555

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by