Wanted: Free Eggs To Try Out Incubator

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by StoneBridge Farm, Feb 15, 2008.

1. StoneBridge Farm

StoneBridge Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    SE Ohio
    Hey all!
    Well my incubator arrived. I know I posted this before, and a few offered me eggs. But in a "busy-mom" moment I accidently left my 'puter on and I don't know how... but some of my messages got deleted.( My money is on the 2 yr old).. Anyhow, I thought this would be the easiest way to let everyone know that I am in need of some eggs to try out my new 'bator. I can pay a little bit, but not much. So if any of youin's have some extra eggs throw them my way please...not literally ofcourse. I know beggers can't be chosers, but ....

Wish list: orpingtons, brahmas, cochins, blue
    jersey giants, ....pretty much anything
    but bantams, (hubby dosen't want
    them).
    Thanks in advance! Can't wait to get started!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PS: Any quail will do also!
    Thanks, Lori

2. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
  3. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    I've got jersey giants if you want some.

Just pay the $9.60 shipping and I'll send you some.

Also have some Barred Rocks if you're interested.

PM me and let me know.

4. adoptedbyachicken

adoptedbyachicken Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Lori if you can I suggest you find eggs locally so that you don't have to have them shipped. That will take a big drop out of your hatching rate and help you understand what is and is not working for you as you learn and get to know your incubator. Now if you can get local eggs from someone that is also hatching and so knows their hatch rate that would be ideal, but not always possible. However it's happened here at BYC before!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by