wanted free hosta plants for around my chicken coop

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nightshade, Mar 21, 2007.

1. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

OKay I know this isn't about chickens but its for my "Pretty Girls". I am looking for hosta plants that anyone in nepa in the Bloomsburg, Berwick Shickshinny areas is looking to get rid of. I will be more then happy to come dig them out when they come up if you nolonger want them. My "Pretty Girls" 's coop is in the shade and I can't seem to get anything else to grow around it. So if you have any of you want to get rid of and our in my area please let me know. [​IMG]

2. LICHICK

LICHICK Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2007
    New York
    I tried planting Hostas around my coop but they girls would eat them up faster then they can grow

3. SandraChick

SandraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

mine don't bother my hostas....but they have almost an acre to roam on.....dandelions taste better I think!

Sandra

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:As do fresh veggies from the garden. [​IMG]

5. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    My girls ate the hostas as fast as they could grow yummy yummy:D

6. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

My girls are in a run so they could only eat them through the fence. But I try to give them lots of goodies besides their mash and corn. Veggies, the really like cucumbers and lettus and the occasional grapes.

7. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I can't plant anything around my coop because it is inside the goat pen and the goats would eat it up. Ha Ha.

Marie

8. Foghorn

Foghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Wait! Chickens LOVE dandelions?! Yeeha![​IMG]

9. SandraChick

SandraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

yup--love the dandelions...and like to peck at and eat flowers.... but only a little bit at a time so they're are way too many here for them to keep up on it!!!!! [​IMG]

Sandra-

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by