WANTED!!! FREE miniature goats, ducks & chicks of any breed

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sheila80, May 28, 2008.

1. sheila80

sheila80 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    silsbee, tx
    have 5 kids, and trying to get them interested in 4-h. grew up with horses till I had my oldest daughter who is now 11. we live in north east indiana. so, figured something like miniature goats, ducks, chicks, and bunnies would do them and maybe me some good![​IMG]

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You might want to offer to pay something plus shipping.
    Your local Freecycle or Craigslist might be a better place to ask for freebies.
    And add your location in the subject line.

3. sheila80

May 25, 2008
    silsbee, tx
    sorry, i AM willing to pay for shipping, and some extra cash. i was trying to type this and referee between my kids. wasn't that easy. what's a craigs list?

4. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    well it is kinda like ebay. People have stuff for sale however you can put wanted items on their. www.craigslist.com

5. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    You can purchase a chick for like $1.50-2 at your local feedstore. Craig's list is an internet classified. It's free to use and people give away or sell things. Also you could try auctions. I dont know what's up north but Big Red Auction barnnear Mitchell and Dinky's near Jasper have all sorts of farm animals. You could also consider incubating and hatching eggs. An incubator is around $40 and up. Eggs can be cheap depending on what kind you get.

6. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I do wish we could get them here for that. Our here run $3 and upward...

7. sheila80

May 25, 2008
    silsbee, tx
    [​IMG] I WENT AND CHECKED OUT THE CRAIGSLIST THING, THANK YOU FOR THAT INFORMATION. I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT IN LIGONIER, INDIANA THIS COMING WEEKEND (6/07/08) IS THE SWAP MEET. NOW, MY NEXT QUESTION IS THERE ALL TYPES OF ANIMALS THERE OR WHAT IS IT? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RECENT HELP!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by