WANTED: fulvous whistling duck hatchling or eggs for incubating

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jeserah, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Jeserah

Jeserah Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2011
    Sunny Central Coast
    Hi all!
    I'm new so the forum wouldn't let me post in the for sale section, so sorry about that.

I have been a duck enthusiast for almost 10 years now, and have a feathered boy of my own (Pippin) who is going to be seven yrs this September! He's a mallard hybrid and is the best boy I've ever had. Recently, his backyard buddy (a failed rehab mallard) was killed by an owl before we could get him in at night. Now Pippin is all alone again and I want to get him a friend.

I really want a fulvous whistling duck, but they seem hard to come by. Does anybody know where I can get a hatchling or incubate some eggs for hatching? I live in california where the weather's nice and I have a lovely back yard and house to share with them.

The fact that Pippin's friend was killed was a complete fluke, I would like to add. I'm a very responsible duck owner (or at least I would think so, after having pippin for 7 years and the little wild mallard for 4 years) and take the best possible care of my animals. My ducks think they are royalty and rightly so [​IMG]

Any information would be very helpful. Thank you very much!

2. Jeserah

Apr 23, 2011
    Sunny Central Coast
    6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

[​IMG]

3. Jeserah

Apr 23, 2011
    Sunny Central Coast
    Thank you for the move, moderator.
    I'm sorry about the "bump". How can I get my post read and responded to then? Should I just post a new thread in a couple of days if nobody answers? Thanks for the advice [​IMG]

4. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Sometimes no one has the answers. Sounds like that duck breed may be a rarity so it may take some extra goggling work. Good luck.

5. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Did a little research and it appears it is a wild duck protected by a treaty. I could only find a breeder in the uk. It may require a bit of paperwork I would seek another duck breed unless you want to jump through the hoops

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by