Wanted girlfriend for young lonely roo in Portland

Allfowled

Chirping
May 31, 2019
Someone dumped a very young rooster in my yard. Im guessing hes about 2 months old, he's kind of tall but still chirps and trills like a chick.I have no experience with juvenile chickens but so far he is very sweet very clingy very lonely . He fights and talks to himself in the mirror and will sit with his chest pressed to the glass and take a nap or stare into his own eyes. I feel bad for him and want him to have a chicken friend around same age. I would love to get another rooster but already not allowed to have roosters so a lonely girl would be fantastic. Theres more to the story but this seems like a good enough start. Thanks for reading.

Someone dumped a very young rooster in my yard. Im guessing hes about 2 months old, he's kind of tall but still chirps and trills like a chick.I have no experience with juvenile chickens but so far he is very sweet very clingy very lonely . He fights and talks to himself in the mirror and will sit with his chest pressed to the glass and take a nap or stare into his own eyes. I feel bad for him and want him to have a chicken friend around same age. I would love to get another rooster but already not allowed to have roosters so a lonely girl would be fantastic. Theres more to the story but this seems like a good enough start. Thanks for reading.
If you are not allowed to have roosters, you may want to start trying to find this young cockerel a new home. If you keep him and get him some pullets, you may very well loose him eventually if the neighbors complain and turn you in.
Friendly cockerels DO find good homes. Sometimes it just takes a long time.
Good luck.

If you are not allowed to have roosters, you may want to start trying to find this young cockerel a new home. If you keep him and get him some pullets, you may very well loose him eventually if the neighbors complain and turn you in.
Friendly cockerels DO find good homes. Sometimes it just takes a long time.
Good luck.
Thank you for caring enough to say what you did. I'm working on moving out of this stinky crowded city I barely recognize anymore.
I moved my 5 chickens, which includes a wonderful sweetheart rooster, to my parents in the country until I sell my house.
I don't know when he will start crowing or how loud it is when they're young but I'll figure something out.
I temporarily gave my first rooster to a rescue place because a neighbor complained, but ended up having to rescue him from the rescuer!
Hes happy and safe now.

Back
Top Bottom