Wanted-good egg layers for North GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by GA Country Girl, Dec 29, 2008.

1. GA Country Girl

GA Country Girl New Egg

Dec 29, 2008
    Extreme NE GA
    [​IMG] Greetings. My husband and I are wanting a couples of hens or even a trio. We want the breed to be a good egg layers and cold tolerant. They will have a great home. Please let me know you are close and selling egg laying age chickens. PS-docile is a plus, we have a young child! Recommendations for breeds is also appreciated!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What part of North Georgia are you in? Welcome to BYC!
    Barred Rocks are awesome, as are Buff Orpingtons. Can't go wrong with those two.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  3. GA Country Girl

GA Country Girl New Egg

Dec 29, 2008
    Extreme NE GA
    The NC side of GA-right on the line. Thanks, by the way:) My father in law just got some Plymouth white rocks and 1 cherry egger. We want to get something differ- a little friendly competition! [​IMG]

4. mulelady

mulelady Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2008
    dahlonega
    Hi, I live in Dahlonega, Ga. I don't know if that is to far away for you. I have Ameracaunas (lay green and blue eggs), Dominiques, Barred rocks, Some Buff Orpington crosses for sale for 12.00 each. They are all young and just started laying. Thanks, Joy

5. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    Are you close to Turtletown, TN? My brother lives there and has BO's.

6. speckledhen

Quote:Hey, me too! I'm 8/10 of a mile from the NC line. Maybe you live down the street from me, who knows??

7. GA Country Girl

GA Country Girl New Egg

Dec 29, 2008
    Extreme NE GA
    We live probably 1.3 miles from the line in YH

8. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    Quote:you live in young harris? do you know anything about track rock campground?....we thought about going there last year but did not know anybody who has gone....

9. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I have 8 RIRs and 3 Blue Andalusian/RIR cross layers for sale $10 each. All for $100, rooster is free with hens.

10. speckledhen

You are just down the road a piece from us. We're in Mineral Bluff/Fannin County. At the moment, I dont have any pullets/hens for sale. Might in the future, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by