Wanted: Goose Eggs (for hatching) - Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Felicia, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I am located in the Lapeer area of Michigan and I am looking for some goose eggs out of pure bred show quality geese. I am going to show the geese in 4-H. I would like to get them soon (between now and April), because they have to hatch before May 15th. I am interested in Dewlap Toulouse and Sebastopols, but am willing to go with any breed that will be friendly. I have younger siblings (two are 6 years old, and one is 5 years old), so I have must have a breed that is known to have a good demeanor. This will be my first time hatching/owning goslings, so any information is appreciated [​IMG]

If possible, please post pictures of your geese. And also please post the price and if possible the also the shipping price.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I think you'll find some on this site-just give it a little mo time. Laying season is in full swing. [​IMG]

3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I had several 4H'ers hatch my geese last year. I have brown chinese and although they can be a bit squawky and noisy, they will respect you when you work with them. They can easily be herded up.

Please pm me if you are interested.

Photo is here:
    [​IMG]

I've had good experience with shipping geese eggs and they are available now.

We have a chemical free farm where we treat our animals with excellent care, food, veggies and excellent shelter.

Our brown chinese geese also help us weed our garden and literally will work from sun up to sun down doing this.

Whomever you choose, I hope your project will be a great success. Our daughter was a 4Her here in Ga.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    eggchel just posted she is taking orders for Sebastopool eggs and her flock is HUGE, and gorgeous! Her prices are VERY reasonable too.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I have some regular toulouse geese. They are a friendly calm breed. I can't call my geese "show quality" as I have never shown them before. But I can say that they are up to the standard, and very nice quality.

Pictures can be seen here, under the photo gallery. www.freewebs.com/sundownwaterfowl

Eggs
    are $4.50 per egg, and shipping is a flat rate of $16.00, whether you order 1 egg or 5. The most eggs that I can fit into a box is 5.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    More pictures are on my website.

6. vkulesh

vkulesh Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2008
    Oakland Twp 48363
    Felicia,

I promised some egss to MJ. After she gets hers, I will probably have a few extra available. Mine are regular toulouse geese. How many eggs are you looking to get? I live in Oakland Twp. You can PM or email me if you want. Thanks

Quote:

7. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Hey vkulesh. I already have order for some dewlap toulouse, but thank you for the offer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by