1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted: Guinea Hens in N. CA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by zippychickens, May 19, 2008.

1. zippychickens

zippychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    N. CA
    My sister in law is beside herself. The rattlesnakes are coming into the yard and it's only May! She has one guinea hen but needs many more. Preference would be feathered out but I could raise the chicks for her if need be.
    Please let me know if any one out there has guineas for sale in N. California.
    Thanks

2. lovethechickens

lovethechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Antioch California
    I saw an add for guinea fowl yesterday on Craigslist.

3. zippychickens

Mar 22, 2008
    N. CA
    thanks , I'll check it out.

4. lovethechickens

lovethechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Antioch California
    Hi. Any luck? I believe there were 6 for sale,,,,, for 50 bucks. And located in Petaluma.

5. zippychickens

Mar 22, 2008
    N. CA
    I emailed 2 people , one had hens for $10 each and the other had males for $10 each. I didn't look at petaluma, hopefully these other ones are still available since they are within a hour drive. My SIL is so happy about this, she has 4year old twins and is a nervous wreck having the rattlesnakes so close to the house this early. Guineas are supposed to be great at keeping the snakes away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by