Wanted Guinea Keets MA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LivingFate, May 18, 2008.

1. LivingFate

LivingFate Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    I recently moved to central MA and am looking to buy some keets to help control insects issues here. Perfer (sorry new to poultry) females if possible- 3 or 4 keets. Willing to travel some.

2. DougD

DougD Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2007
    I have 10 eggs in the incubator. I can't tell the sex until they get large enough to make their calling noise.

3. DougD

DougD Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2007
    Oh, and we are nearby in central MA also.

4. LivingFate

May 18, 2008
    How long do they take to hatch? How long do they take to do there calling noise? I may just take them straight run. I was reading that its best to have them as young as possible to prevent them from flying off once let out of the coop.

5. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

THEY TAKE ABOUT 26-28 DAYS TO HATCH.

and they will start making trademark noise within a month or so. then you will know, they can get loud, i have several, they are neat birds, you will enjoy them if you can take the noise

frank

6. LivingFate

May 18, 2008
    Is there a minimal amount of property one should own to consider a Guinea because of noise factor?

7. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    listen guineas are not as loud as people say i have five acres and the stay around it and not loud unless something strange comes around and you will never have a tick or bugs again, but get smalls to raise and they will stay right around your area

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by