Wanted : Hen prone to going broody in NW Arkansas/ SW Missouri

There is a orscheln store near Bella vista on the border that may sell chicks if it's like like the feed stores in Oklahoma it should have chicks but I don't think you will get much luck getting adult chickens unless you go to local farms.

I got two dark Cornish from Murray McMurray last year. One hatched out a clutch las year and one is currently setting. I know that doesn't help you get a broody NOW, but may be something to think about in the future.

There is a orscheln store near Bella vista on the border that may sell chicks if it's like like the feed stores in Oklahoma it should have chicks but I don't think you will get much luck getting adult chickens unless you go to local farms.
yeah I know.. I don't want to raise chicks, I want a hen to do that. That's why I'm asking on here for a broody hen.

@bobbi-j thank you for your response but I'm not interested in ordering from an online hatchery..

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond but i am not particularly interested in other options, my post is for a hen prone to broodiness because that's what I want. I do not want any chicks, I do not want a chicken from a broody breed that isn't a proven broody. I want a proven broody.

Did you post on the MO thread?
This Saturday, is the poultry swap at Joplin's Turkey Creek Feed. 7 to noon.
And the second Sat there is one in Neosho....

Back
Top Bottom