Wanted Idaho Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sasquatch, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Idaho
    I want to pick up a bunch of eggs from Idaho growers as I figure the Post Office can break and freeze fewer of them.

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

What breeds are you looking for?

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Idaho
    Buster you have a pm

Basically RIRs, Barred Rocks, Big dual purpose birds. The current flock is 10 Gold Sex links. I want to replace them by fall or if they continue to lay well up my egg business.

Essentially I just sell enough eggs to cover feed costs. However, with the economy being what it is it also allows for participation in a barter economy.

4. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    sasquatch where in idaho are you? If you find more people to buy eggs from let me know! I think we should get an idaho chicken club together! I know a couple of people that just buy their chicks from D&B every year, which there isn't anything wrong with that, but they could be buying our chicks!

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I only keep big dual purpose birds (read "real" chickens [​IMG] )

I will have dark egg-laying sex-links and BBS Orps by late spring and hopefully Speckled Sussex again by fall. I have some other interesting plans too but need to get some birds going before I spill the beans on them.

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:I agree!

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I forgot to add that I will have Buff Orps available in a week.

8. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    I have just some chicks right now but I LOVE the idea of rasing chicks and breeding them. I think that this can be a passion of mine. I am already looking at incubators and I haven't even had an egg yet!

9. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    Sooner or later I'm going to need chicks. Will keep an eye on you!! Would love to buy from someone in Idaho.

Michele.

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Anyone in Idaho interested in buying chicks or eggs from me feel free to PM me. I would appreciate any and all local business. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by