Wanted in Alabama Muscovy and Call Ducks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tamsflock, Nov 18, 2008.

1. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    I went out to the pen and my male Muscovy was dead. Perfectly fine yesterday and last night, now gone. Want another to be with snowy moved 2 bantam chickens in with her so she wont be lonely.
    Also would like to get a male and female call ducks. Kids loved these when I had them before!! I am North East of Birmingham. Will drive an hour or so to get !! Thanks

2. Hoover67

Hoover67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    If you find any Muscovies, let me know. I really want a trio. I live in Huntsville. Good luck. I would even take eggs for the incubator!

Michele:lol:

3. tamsflock

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Will do! i hope I can find some! I got call ducks a few years back from a girl by the galleria in Hoover but of course I didn't keep her name and #.

4. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    It's too bad you're not anywhere near WA. I got my flock of 9 for just $63. They were almost grown when i got them & they had SO many different colors. I am thinking of getting about 3 more hens from them & I just found some more in town for sale. They were a school science project for the daughter "muscovy genetics"...She must have done her research...They're all just GORGEOUS. I am hoping to have eggs & babies in the spring, CAN'T WAIT!

My Big Blue boy...
    [​IMG]

5. tamsflock

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Very nice picture he is handsome!! I wish I were closer too!! would love to have one more. I am going to try trade day this weekend maybe I can find her a friend!! I don't care male or female just another budy with her. She is getting along fine with the 2 bantams I put in with her. If I can't find another muscovy would all other ducks get along, can I put any other breed with her?

6. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    I have my flock of Muscovy's and had about 20 other different breeds of duck & 2 geese. The Muscovy's most times stayed off in a group (they're all free range though) and the others would all stay together with the geese. everyone all seemed to get along just fine, i never had any fighting or anything. A couple of the chickens don't like the ducks much though [​IMG]

7. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Tamsflock,
    If your willing to drive up here to Florence (or general area) I have 2 ducks that I believe are Khaki Campbell/Black & White Magpie crosses. They are just over 5 weeks old now and I don't know what sex they are yet but if you want them I'll GIVE them to you. I just hatched out some other little duckies last week and got 2 pure khaki campbells, 1 khaki/peking cross, 2 mallard/magpies and a khaki/magpie cross.

I know they are not Muscovy or call ducks but if you want them just let me know and they are yours.

Jayare

spelling error

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  8. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Tams,
    I sent you a reply PM with my phone number so you can contact me.

Jayare (as in JR)

9. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Tamsflock,
    Here is a pic of the 6 adult ducks I have. Pretty sure the parents of the 2 ducks I'm giving you are the Khaki Campbells as mom and the Black & White Magpie as the daddy.

[​IMG]

Jayare

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  10. tamsflock

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Nice group of ducks!! I hope it is going to work out. I really want them!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by