1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Wanted in Alabama Muscovy and Call Ducks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tamsflock, Nov 18, 2008.

1. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    I went out to the pen and my male Muscovy was dead. Perfectly fine yesterday and last night, now gone. Want another to be with snowy moved 2 bantam chickens in with her so she wont be lonely.
    Also would like to get a male and female call ducks. Kids loved these when I had them before!! I am North East of Birmingham. Will drive an hour or so to get !! Thanks

2. Hoover67

Hoover67 Songster

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    If you find any Muscovies, let me know. I really want a trio. I live in Huntsville. Good luck. I would even take eggs for the incubator!

Michele:lol:

3. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Will do! i hope I can find some! I got call ducks a few years back from a girl by the galleria in Hoover but of course I didn't keep her name and #.

4. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Songster

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    It's too bad you're not anywhere near WA. I got my flock of 9 for just $63. They were almost grown when i got them & they had SO many different colors. I am thinking of getting about 3 more hens from them & I just found some more in town for sale. They were a school science project for the daughter "muscovy genetics"...She must have done her research...They're all just GORGEOUS. I am hoping to have eggs & babies in the spring, CAN'T WAIT!

My Big Blue boy...
    [​IMG]

5. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Very nice picture he is handsome!! I wish I were closer too!! would love to have one more. I am going to try trade day this weekend maybe I can find her a friend!! I don't care male or female just another budy with her. She is getting along fine with the 2 bantams I put in with her. If I can't find another muscovy would all other ducks get along, can I put any other breed with her?

6. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Songster

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    I have my flock of Muscovy's and had about 20 other different breeds of duck & 2 geese. The Muscovy's most times stayed off in a group (they're all free range though) and the others would all stay together with the geese. everyone all seemed to get along just fine, i never had any fighting or anything. A couple of the chickens don't like the ducks much though [​IMG]

7. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Songster

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Tamsflock,
    If your willing to drive up here to Florence (or general area) I have 2 ducks that I believe are Khaki Campbell/Black & White Magpie crosses. They are just over 5 weeks old now and I don't know what sex they are yet but if you want them I'll GIVE them to you. I just hatched out some other little duckies last week and got 2 pure khaki campbells, 1 khaki/peking cross, 2 mallard/magpies and a khaki/magpie cross.

I know they are not Muscovy or call ducks but if you want them just let me know and they are yours.

Jayare

spelling error

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008

8. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Songster

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Tams,
    I sent you a reply PM with my phone number so you can contact me.

Jayare (as in JR)

9. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Songster

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Tamsflock,
    Here is a pic of the 6 adult ducks I have. Pretty sure the parents of the 2 ducks I'm giving you are the Khaki Campbells as mom and the Black & White Magpie as the daddy.

[​IMG]

Jayare

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  10. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Nice group of ducks!! I hope it is going to work out. I really want them!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by