wanted in south alabama

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by melissaowens, May 1, 2009.

1. melissaowens

melissaowens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    andalusia alabama
    i am looking for hens, baby chick or eggs to hatch in deep south alabama. i am lookin for silkies, frizzles, seabright, MUTTs any breed i will take. please let me know what you got, how much you want and where your at.

2. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    I have Frizzle Standard Cochin for 4.50 but not sure how far you want to drive also have Sultan for $4.00 and EE for $3.00

3. melissaowens

Apr 20, 2009
    andalusia alabama
    i live close to florida, i dont go way too far the farthest i have wondered is to dothan, i dont know alabama too well, i moved here from oklahoma

4. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Melissa, I'm right in the middle of the state. I have Silkies that I'm going through and sorting out to prepare for my breeding pens. The pet quality will be, depending on the age, $5.00 - $15.00. You can see pics of some of the other breeds on my "website".

I also have eggs. [​IMG]

Claudia

5. melissaowens

Apr 20, 2009
    andalusia alabama
    i couldnt find them

6. Poultry Palace

Poultry Palace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Live Oak, Florida
    I have bantam cochins, both frizzled, and non. Old english game bantams, ameracaunas, delawares, barred rocks, black australorps, american games, golden comets, and rhode island reds. I have anywhere from day old to 10 weeks old available.I am in northern florida (about 45 min. from tallahassee) P.M. me if you're interested in some. I sell some hatching eggs also, and I could ship those.[​IMG]

7. upthecreek

upthecreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    South Alabama
    Melissa ,
    on the third saturday of each month they have a big Chicken-Goat-Horse sale in Opp, Alabama (about 15 miles east of Andalusia) ,
    People are bringing their chickens & goats all saturday morning and the auction starts at about 12:00 or 1:00 (i'm not exactly forsure).
    There will be grown chickens , baby chickens ,(both Bantam & Large Fowl), eggs , ducks , guiennas, peafowl, Rabbits , Turkeys =they will be auctioned off at the starting time .
    Usually they auction the Goats first and then the Chickens next .

If you need anymore info just email me at [email protected]
    Best of luck ,
    Shannon

Quote:

8. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Yes, Melissa, you should go to the Opp sale. It will be the 16th of this month! It is fun.

I get there around 2 and stay thru the horse sale - like 9 whole hours of it. LOL I went 2 months ago and there were so many chickens there it took an extra 1hr and a half over the regular chicken selling time to go thru them all. And my 3 roosters were the last 3 to be sold! LOL They still sold pretty good though and I was surprised.

Also I have a begoodle of baby chicks. Barred Rocks, RIRs, and a few BOs for sale. They are from 2 weeks to over a month old. I still have the Andalusian roo for sale or trade as well. He really wants a hen badly LOL

9. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Where's the sale in Opp located?

Thanks,
    Ed

10. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Are you familiar with Opp? What locations do you know of?

Do you know where their Hardees is?

If you do....If you are looking at Hardees on your left then it is a couple hundred yrds from hardees on your left too. You should see a ton of vehicles, horse trailers, people, and a big building. That is it.

Did that help?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by