Wanted in VA - Phoenix hens and rooster

all4chickens

Hatching
10 Years
Feb 6, 2009
Catlett
I have one silver phoenix hen. I am looking for 4 or 5 more phoenix hens and a phoenix rooster. I would prefer a silver phoenix, but any other color will be fine with me. I am located in Warrenton, VA in Northern Virginia. Thank you for any help or leads on completing my flock!

I have a Phoenix cockerel - he's about 3 months old. I am in Shenandoah Valley, Virginia. He's free if you can come get him. I am over run with roosters from hatches this year - we culled 8 last weekend, but I kept this guy because he's a Phoenix and they make great little roosters - plus he's very small. Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Penny

Quote:
I am not sure I've ever seen a Phoenix hen/roo... can I see?
big_smile.png

This is Bobby Lee - he's the daddy of the little cockerel I mentioned earlier:

bobbylee-1.jpg

bobbylee.jpg

041009-4.jpg

041009-8.jpg

I have a few Phoenix hens, not sure which of these is the mom to the cockerel, but they all look pretty much the same. VERY sweet little chickens. And they've been broody ALL summer! So I don't think I have a picture of one by herself - there's almost always a baby in the pic as well!

041009-5.jpg

newchicks0531-1.jpg

newbabies1.jpg

piggyback3.jpg

Here's one of a broody Phoenix setting on eggs:

thepen2.jpg

I don't have a picture of the cockerel - but I will get one if there is interest.

Edited: to correct some of the picture links

Last edited:
No, he doesn't have red eyes - but I looked closely at the pics and it does look like it, doesn't it??? He has read around his eyes - must be the camera!

Back
Top Bottom