Wanted: Incubator...Hova type, maybe?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mrsengeseth, Jan 1, 2009.

1. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I am not real up on which bator is best, seen some Hova brand ones on ebay , but I am leery about ebay, especially since I would be using a money order and alot of sellers are more gearded towards paypal. I know that the one i built was a raving failure. I am looking to spend around 40. I am interested in the kind that are like a dome and hatch 3-4 chicken at a time or a bit more quail. Or I am also interested in a well-used one of the square styrofoam kind like this...http://www.meyerhatchery.com/get_item_2362n_hova-bator-incubator-w-fan.htm

2. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I just ordered my hova bator off ebay it should arrive by Sat. Now heres a thought for ya...If you don't trust paypal for any reason you can contact seller about paying by money order, more often than not they will ok the money order sending you an address to mail it to.
    Hope this helps!

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

anyone else?

4. adkins90

adkins90 Truly Obsessed...

Jan 30, 2007
    Huntington, WV
    I just bought the Genesis 1588, preset model. It's absolutely wonderful, just plug it in and you're ready to go. I bought it from Cutler Supply, with shipping and all it was $167 (which also included the turner) I ordered it on a Monday afternoon, and received it on Wednesday.

Hope this helps.
    Michelle

5. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Thanks Michele,
    I have been searching for one and the price is right.

6. tinners204

tinners204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Iowa
    Check your local www.craiglist.com and search for incubators. Or place an add wanting one. I just bought a Hovabator 1602N with turner and a Little Giant still air for 75.00 Both in really good shape.

7. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    stay away from that dome one that holds 3 eggs,, I have one it is junk !!

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:lol i second that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by