Wanted: Indestructible vacuum cleaner

coloradochick

Songster
12 Years
Dec 19, 2007
Brighton, CO
rant.gif
Okay, if there's something laying on my carpet that is small enough to be sucked up by the vacuum, then it is. My theory is a vacuum should be able to handle a candy wrapper without it getting all clogged up. Anyways, I have gone through 3 vacuums in as many years although this last one we got was around Christmas and it's already kapooie. These aren't cheap either. A Bissel that was I think $189. Long story short, DH is not real thrilled with me right now. What vacuum cleaner out there will hold up, that doesn't have 3 or more filters that I have to worry about cleaning everytime, and doesn't cost $500. Any suggestions?

we have a dyson it is easier to use than any others we have had in the past. no bags and they are guaranteed to never lose suction. i swore we would suck the carpet off the floor the first time we used it.
lol.png

I spent the extra $ and got a DYSON. It is the BEST EVER. When you add up the cost of all the BAD ones.....its actually cheaper to just get the DYSON. I even bought a $350 vacuum once and it was no good. I have had my DYSON for 2 years and it perfect. Also.....every one i ever owned before it would put off bad smells.......not the DYSON. I actually think they have one for under $400 now. Either way....it is the best vacuum and you will not ever want another. I
love.gif
my DYSON

Last edited:
Dyson is truly worth the extra money. 2 large dogs, 3 cats, 2 Parrots, a teenage and 1 husband who is a kid at heart, couldn't live without. I have wall to wall in bedrooms, hardwood through out rest of house with large area rugs. The animal model works the best for pet hair, attachments work great on couches. Have had only one problem when I sucked up a pen, couldn't made it through the one bend, easier to take apart than any other vacuum.
wink.png

I've had a Sharp vacuum for 12 years and it's still running. It's the longest I've ever had one and I used to go through Hoover's and Eureka's like Kleenex. It's hard to find them. I think you have to go through their website. My next one is going to be a Riccar. They're made totally in the U.S. and have a really good warranty.

Susan

Quote:
Oh yeah that.....the first time is odd because I personally never saw a vacuum that you could take each piech apart so simple to find the object. But that was a great thing to point out. The hose reaches EVERYWHERE and its so easy to use and then put back away.
The suction is so powerful its almost scary!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom