Wanted: Jersey Giant chicks in Western WA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by oldwynooche, Mar 9, 2014.

1. oldwynooche

oldwynooche Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2013
    We'd like to get a roo and some hens. Tried to post on BST and was denied and directed to the rules. Read the rules and still confused about why I can't post about wanting some chicks, so I'm posting here. We're interested in 1 roo and 4-6 Jersey Giant hens for our 3.5 acres in Western WA. Any suggestions?
    Carri

2. cstronks

cstronks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    Make sure you put a price in the BST part of the forum. If you do not put a price, I believe that it disallows the post. There also may be a certain number of posts you have to reach before you can post in BST. It is probably one of those two things. Jersey Giants...popular in my state, but way too far to get them out to Washington haha. Very large birds, so-so layers, slow to mature...definitely a show piece though. Roosters are just enormous. Best of luck!

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Good luck finding what you are looking for and welcome to BYC!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Not sure if your still looking or not, but I bought my Jersey Giants from Maria @ http://www.mariasjerseygiants.com. They are great people to work with, they call to make sure your ready and available to have them shipped. Also called weeks later to see how I was making out. I would absolutely recommend this breeder. Any questions contact me. :)

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Two great possible sources - welcome to BYC.

8. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Did you find what you were looking for yet? :)

9. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

10. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

11. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125
    Where in W. WA are you located? I have a 2 year old black Jersey Giant Hen (Leila) in Seattle that I would like to rehome to a good home. She's 11 lbs, beautiful, but just too big for my yard and flock. It's hard for me to part with her because I really wanted her, but I am only allowed 8 chickens so I need to be choosy. I'll only let her go to a good home.

She hatched in May or June 2012. I got her in September 2012 from BYC member silkiechicken. She got the eggs from Wynette at http://www.adamsonacres.com/. Leila's hatchmates were 2 blue roosters and 2 blue hens, she was the only black.

She lays XL to XXL large light brown eggs. 5-6 a week in summer. (She laid a 4.5 oz egg a couple of weeks ago. Ouch!)

Send me a PM if interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by