Wanted: Lavender Jersey Giants

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by L&Schickens, Jan 11, 2009.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Anyone have any lavender giants eggs in the near future? I would like some if so.
    Thanks!!

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I'll be watching this thread RIDICULOUSLY well!!! I hope someone pipes up!

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Lavender Giants? [​IMG]

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    hmm not even sure they exist someone should make them lav orph X black giant

5. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I wonder if I could make them my self. I have splash Giants, black Giants and white Giants. I know that balck with splash will give me blue, so could I go from there? I know nothing about color genetics. Do I need another element in the pot? (AKA Coop) [​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I am wondering the SAME thing! Maybe Lavender Langshans are in my future! [​IMG]

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

L&Schickens :

I wonder if I could make them my self. I have splash Giants, black Giants and white Giants. I know that balck with splash will give me blue, so could I go from there? I know nothing about color genetics. Do I need another element in the pot? (AKA Coop) [​IMG]

those colors are not the same, you need a lavender bird to start with. [​IMG]

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:those colors are not the same, you need a lavender bird to start with. [​IMG]

Its true I think Jody and Chalie's Lavender Orphs would be the most apropriate to start with for both these breeds.

Henry

9. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    OK, I will have to look for some of thm then. At least the two breeds look alike. It would be hard to get a nice looking lav Giant useing a Bantam Silkey or something. [​IMG]

10. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    LAVENDER GIANTS??!!!! [​IMG]

I have black blue and splash that I LOVE TO DEATH! They are the greatest birds!!! How do you get lavender??!!! I'm still trying to keep the who black/blue/splash puzzle straight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by