1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WANTED: layer near San Diego (socal)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by seismic wonder2, Aug 29, 2008.

1. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I'm looking for Wyandotte, Delaware, Plymoth Rock, or RIR.
    I want to add one to my flock (of two silkies) so I can get eggs when they go broody.
    I'm looking for a pullet or young adult big enough to defend herself if my two silkies get pushy.

Somewhere in the San Diego area please.

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Let me know if you're up my way again. I'll take you to see Celeste (Did you meet her last time you were here? I can't remember.).
    I'm two miles from the airport! [​IMG]

3. seismic wonder2

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    She is the ham and eggs ranch one right?
    Didn't meet her then but I just got off the website. I'm trying to think of a reason to head up there.

4. CarriBrown

Yep, she's Ham and Eggs. Best to call her first to see what she has before making a trip up, especially if you have a particular breed in mind.
    I'll keep an eye on Craig's List for you, too. I know there is a lady someplace around here that sells birds. I just don't know how she keeps her place. I know Celeste sells healthy birds.

5. seismic wonder2

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I'll e-mail Celeste when I get home (probably tomorrow) and see what she's got.
    I'm on duty booty and have to work late.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  6. CarriBrown

Ask for the prices, too. They can really vary from bird to bird. Make sure she knows you want a pet, not a show quality bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by