Wanted: layers in VA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MarkR, Sep 6, 2007.

1. MarkR

MarkR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Ivy, Virginia
    hokay, I'm sure this is a long shot this time of year, but I just lost my whole flock and need to replace them. I'll be taking care of the predator problem over the next couple of nights. I'm in central VA and and looking for brown egg layers and/or easter eggers. Half a dozen and a rooster would be the perfect number. Otherwise I'll hit the swap/show in Glen Allen later this month.

Mark

2. eenkriek

eenkriek Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Mark:

I don't have any extra layers, but can you tell me a little about the show/swap later in the month? I'd appreciate any info you might have.

Jorg

3. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Mark I am in MD... a little bit of a drive for you but I have about 10 layer hens I'd like to place. 5 RIR's, 3 Barred Rocks and 2 easter eggers.... and one mutt hen. They are all 1-2 years old.
    zip is 21787

4. MarkR

Mar 11, 2007
    Ivy, Virginia
    Jorg,

Here you go LINK

Kat,

I may take you up on that. I've got some repair work to do, and I've got to run a new electric fence, but if they're still available in a couple of weeks, a drive up to Maryland would be fun.

Mark

5. eenkriek

Mar 19, 2007
    Thank you, Mark!

Kat: You are parting with your EEs? They are nice looking birds.

Jorg

6. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
  7. MarkR

Mar 11, 2007
    Ivy, Virginia
    Thanks, I actually grew up down in Lexington. If it's who I think it is, I went to high school with her. Small world. I could end up with a very eclectic flock if I'm not careful. [​IMG]

Mark

8. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Hey Jorg. I am keeping the ameracanas that are penned.... but I also have 2 white birds that lay green/blue eggs that can go.

Mark, just let me know. It is a nice drive straight up 15N.

9. eenkriek

Mar 19, 2007
    Nice place, too!

Mark, sorry to hear about your previous fllock. I just realized that you were the poster of that thread. I think I need to determine how bear-proof our coop is. We've had problems with them breaking into the barn before and stealing horse feed, but we didn't have chickens then. I know we have bears here - something new to worry about on top of the weasels, bobcats and coyotes.[​IMG]

Jorg

10. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Mark, I have some 19 week hens /ees/buff orps that will be laying soon. I think Jorg is waiting on some ees from me. I may be selling them in October. Our place in Virginia is in Dyllwin/Mt. Rush area. We're right off 29. If you guys don't get some by then, maybe you can buy some of mine in October.
    Lynn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by