Wanted: Layers near Spokane, WA?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ursusarctosana, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ursusarctosana

ursusarctosana Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Spokane, WA
    I'm looking for laying hens, but want to raise them from chicks or pullets. Anyone know anyone who has some for sale at this time in the Spokane, WA area? I'm looking for just a couple--that's why I haven't ordered online.

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    YOu could try Pips&Peeps she has Ameraucanas and is in Newman Lake. If you do a google search for that name her website and contact info pop up.

3. ursusarctosana

Aug 6, 2008
    Spokane, WA
    Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    We are just north of Spokane in Deer Park. We have one salmon faverolle and some wyandotte and phoenix bantams.

5. ursusarctosana

Aug 6, 2008
    Spokane, WA
    Hey flyingmonkeypoop,

Can you tell me a little more, such as are they young pullets? The reason I want to confirm this is that I want a chance to handle them so they'll be tame. My chickens are very mellow and friendly. Can you tell me which one will be the best egg layer? I'm interested, definitely. I would like a calmer breed, though. [​IMG]

I appreciate your help.

Shanti

6. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    They are all younger, the faverolle is pretty calm and she is about 6-8 weeks if I remember correctly. She should be a good layer of large brown eggs.
    The phoenix bantams vary in age from 2-4 months, they are great layers of small white eggs. They havent been handled that much but are pretty calm.
    With the wyandottes we have a solid black pullet that is about 4 months old and we have a silver laced that has too much frosting on her breast that is about 2 months old. The wyandottes are pretty calm and are the only birds that layed through the hard winter, snow drifts and all. They lay small brown eggs, their eggs are larger than the phoenix eggs.

7. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Also they are off the heat lamp and are outside.

8. Aquablood

Aquablood Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2008
    West Seattle, WA
    Hi FlyingMonkeyPoop!
    I would really like to get in touch with you about getting some layers if possible. I sent you a message on myspace as well. I work in Mead, WA and can swing by if needed.
    Hope to hear from you soon!

Jessica

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by