1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WANTED: Laying Hens in western WA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rowzy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Rowzy

Rowzy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2009
    Renton, WA
    I am looking for a few (3 at the most) laying hens in the Western washington area.
    I live in Renton, so preferably no more then 40 minutes from here.
    Breed does not matter much, I just want good consistant egg layers.
    I currently have 4 hens and a roo. My coop is fairly large and I have plenty of room for the hens to roam.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:[​IMG] Rowzy
    I'm in Renton as well (Benson Hill). Last summer I found several people selling hens and pullets on craigslist. You may want to check at some of the local feed stores as well I'm headed to Reber Ranch in a few minutes I'll check there bulletin board while I'm there, and let you know. Last summer there was a breeder in Kent advertising. I went with a woman in Preston who was a hobbyist. There was a breeder in Yelm also. Good Luck with your search. Might be easier in the spring.
    Imp-neighbor

3. Rowzy

Rowzy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2009
    Renton, WA
    Last time I checked the feed stores only sold baby chicks. I do not want to start with baby chicks again its just too much of a hastle for me.
    Also to your knowledge does Reber Ranch sell Organic feed? I normally go to The Grange just because of my location and they do not sell organic feed.

4. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    I live up by Bellingham, I don't have any for sale but will keep an ear out I have friends your way with flocks, they might sell some adults when chicks hatch

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Rowzy,
    Sorry I meant that there are bulletin boards at Reber Ranch that people can hang notices about animals for sale etc. I agree chicks can be a hassle. I'll check on organic feed while I'm there. I'll probably be gone until this evening. So I'll PM you then.
    Imp/Russ

Also Reber Ranch is a little more than just a feed store. They also have a lot of stuff for pets and gifts.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by