Wanted: LF Rumpless Black Auracana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by stoneunhenged, Oct 7, 2010.

1. stoneunhenged

stoneunhenged Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    USA
    I would like to buy large fowl rumpless black auracana hatching eggs, chicks, pullets, or hens. Please let me know what you have available. Must be pure black birds. Thanks much.

2. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    stoneunhenged,
    Best advice is to search for who bought most of the breeding stock from Claude McCallisters stock. His birds generally bred true blacks but breeding pure blacks is very difficult. Perhaps you can inquire on the Araucana club site.

3. stoneunhenged

stoneunhenged Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    USA
    Good advice. Thanks.

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    The Hinkles have some :) Theres are good quality too [​IMG] I Have bought them in the past and have had good hatches!
    www.hinkjcpoultry.com

5. sjcolorwing

sjcolorwing Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2009
    K.C.
    I have a black tailess pullet 15 months old. Egg color is good. Have a blue that is her sister also. Also have a blue brassy back split for silver that is from hinkly and has tail. He is unrelated to the pullets. Not black I know but compatible mating and would produce blacks from the black pullet. Want to sell out of all of the auraucana's I have. Too many birds. Might have a picture of her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by