Wanted - LF White Crested Polish Rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Thomas423, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    Wanted - White Crested Polish Rooster to go with my 2 girls. Large Fowl. No bantam.

Willing drive up to 2 hours from Port Deposit, Maryland (21904). No shipping.

2. poultryfan73

poultryfan73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Tioga County Pa
    Are they the ones that have the black body with the white head? If so i have a young cockeral.

3. Thomas423

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    Yes, black body, white head. Is yours large fowl? And where in PA?

Oh, and how much $ ?

4. poultryfan73

poultryfan73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Tioga County Pa
    Um yeah i think hes large.... i got him as the free rare exotic chick from mcmurray so yeah. And i got no idea what to ask for him. Im in Tioga County.

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I have several LF white crested black Polish cockerals that need to find homes. I'm a bit further than 2 hours from Port Deposit...I think it takes me about 2 1/2 hours. I am waaaayyy down in southern MD. But we travel north all the time (Annapolis, etc.) & if I'm heading that way anyway, I don't mind bringing chickens along & meeting folks.

I also have a group of 5 LF Polish (white crested blacks, same parents as the above-mentioned cockerals) chicks that I'd like to sell as a group, if you're interested. I *think* they are just about old enough for me to tell sex. I think it's 2 cockerals/3 pullets, tho I'd have to look again. Some of them look like they might turn out to be very nice birds. I've hatched some real pretty pullets this year.

ETA: Anne, I think you got some Polish chicks from me from the PA chickenstock. Did you ever officially determine if they were LF or bantam? I remember you weren't sure. Just to let you know, there is no doubt that the birds I'm talking about above are LF! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  6. Thomas423

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    Hi Crunchie,
    I'm pretty sure that they are large fowl and female. I'm going to try and upload new pics just to be sure before I get anymore. The coop that I plan on them going into is a good size for 4 max. so maybe I'll get 2. What is your zip code so I can mapquest it and make sure hubby is okay with the drive. Also, after I put the pics on tonight, I'll send you a PM with the link since you are the Polish "expert" [​IMG]
    Anne

7. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Oh good, I'm glad that they seem to be LF, as they should have been! I would have hated to have mixed up birds & given you the wrong thing. My zip is 20659. It's a hike, but it's a pretty drive. [​IMG] The only time I've ever driven to Port Deposit was for...poultry. [​IMG] Turkey eggs, to be exact. Anyway, if the drive isn't too much, I have plenty of cockerals & some pullets to pick from, they range in age from the chicks I was talking about to several months old. I'm keeping a few for show/breeding & everyone else has to go to a new home--we are officially beyond our maximum capacity around here. And I'd be glad to see your pics & try to help you confirm gender & such (though I don't know if you can really call me an "expert." [​IMG])

8. Thomas423

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    2 hours, 18 mins!!! Whoo Hoo!!! That's not too far. Especially for your polish. I'll uplaod the pics tonight and then we can figure out what I have and need.
    I'm supposed to be cutting back too, but since I sold 20 chickens this weekend, I'm entitled to get 2 new ones now. Can't count the eggs in the bator since I'm not supposed to count my chickens before they hatch. I love chicken math. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by