1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted: Long Term Chicken Sitter (formerly titled: lost)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by gypsyfarm123, Jan 9, 2012.

1. gypsyfarm123

gypsyfarm123 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    south jersey
    Hi all. I know this is probably the wrong spot to post,as I am notorious for posting in the wrong spot (sorry Mod's). I live in Atlantic county NJ and HAVE to give my chickens away. But to someone who has the room to free range them,with a place to sleep at night (and dear god not eat them). I raised them by hand and they are quite friendly. A new job opportunity came up and I just don't know what to do,(its out of state and will be a lot of hotel living,until I get settled and figure out what I'm going to do.) I have 2 golden laced wynndotte,2 bared Plymouth,and 2 americana hens. And one New hampshire red rooster.
    They are six months old as of Jan 1st. The hens have been laying for about a month or so (and HOLY COW! I had no idea six little hens could lay so many eggs! Maybe someone close by (Buena) could border them for a small fee? I can have someone bring all the food or whatever they need. *wonders* " Do they have places like that"?
    Missing them already [​IMG]. Craig

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Since you don't want to sell them or permanently rehome them, maybe a Want Ad for a Chicken Sitter long-term? Is that what you're asking for before we try to move the thread somewhere?

3. gypsyfarm123

gypsyfarm123 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    south jersey
    YES! That would be great. And thank-you for your reply:). Craig

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Then I'll move this to the Wanted Section for you; though it says "Want to Buy", it is still the most appropriate area for what you're asking.

5. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    You could also try posting in your local area under "Where Am I,, Where are you?" section. I have found a lot of great resources for my local area...and if they can't help you-they may know someone that can

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by