Wanted: Maine: Incubator

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Forest_Nymph, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Forest_Nymph

Forest_Nymph Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    Want, need, borrow or whatever!
    I have some fertile OEGB bantam eggs and some fertile call duck eggs that I'd like to have hatched out. I would like to either borrow or buy an incubator if anyone has one. Also, I'm not against letting YOU hatch them out for me if thats an option. I would be able to take them all back after hatching or trade the bantams in exchange for hatching out the duck eggs.
    Contact me if you're truly interested in making a deal. If you have kids, it would be a great learning curve for them without the hassle of actually raising all of the hatchlings.
    If someone out there has the skills or knowledge to build one for me that would be awesome. My talents are limited when it comes to building and electrical skills.
    I've hatched out eggs before under a lightbulb after a hen abandoned her nest with her first chicks and left the other eggs untended. (3 days til the hatch date) My current and "occasional" broody hen has not proven herself to be a consistent setter and does not stay on the eggs properly...
    I'm sure the eggs are fertile. They've been dated and kept at room temp.
    I just NEED an incubator or someone to do it for me.

Please, does anyone within an hour drive from Augusta have what I looking for to feed my addiction to chicks and ducklings?

Thanks
    Sylvia

2. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Ever considered owning one?

You can buy a new one for about 40 bucks, used for less.

3. Forest_Nymph

Forest_Nymph Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    I did.
    A small still -air incubator sells for 45 plus accessories and I'm not sure that it would do ducks eggs....[​IMG]

Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by