Wanted marans hatching eggs very dark only

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pips&peeps, Feb 11, 2008.

1. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I have a buddy that has $200.00 burning a hole in her pocket. She wants to buy dark marans eggs, the darker the better. Must be true to type, no crossbreds.

She wants as many eggs as she can get for the above amount.

Please let me know if you have some available......[​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Check in with Bev's Marans she has some of the nicest birds in this country if she has that much money. But some maran's breeders on here are Arklady (has Really strong birds and true to type)
    and Gina's Marans ( has worked really hard with her birds and look like nice eggs) they are great people to talk to and I am sure they will be Glad to help you friend out [​IMG] .

Henry

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I think your should email them incase they don't see the wanted add.
    Good luck
    henry

4. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    I have French Cuckoo Marans and they are purebreds but they haven't started laying strongly. I am getting between 6 and 9 eggs a day from my marans but it will be a little longer before I get more. I have 30 laying hens and some will be removed for layers only. I have eggs showing between 3 to 6 on color scale. If your interested.

Arklady

5. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    and,not to move in on you Arky,I have cuckoo marans,both clean and feather shank. Like Mine are $18/doz(includes shipping),but 2 doz is the most I could send at one time. My clean leg lays a good 5 approaching a 6 on the chart,but my feather shank,although just as pure bred,lay about a 4. You can e-mail me at [email protected]. Your friend may have to use more than one source. My next available ship date is 4-7.

6. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    More than one source would be good if He/she wants to breed it will promote genetic diversity.

Henry

7. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    whats the numbers scale for color, what is the best?

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

A 9 is the best and darkest color for a Marans egg.

9. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Thanks for the replies folks! I think I have some info here now to get to my friend so she can decide who she wants to get the eggs from.[​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Just keep in mind that a lot of the really good breeders have a long waiting list. I've been on Bev's list and a couple of other breeders for wheaten Marans since last fall.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by