1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted - meat rabbits - Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by dakotahope, Feb 20, 2009.

1. dakotahope

dakotahope New Egg

Nov 11, 2008
    orrtanna , pa
    Hi ,
    i am looking to get back into raising meat rabbits again NZW , Californian, Champange d argent ,Silver fox or Giant Chinchilla maybe even a Creme D'Argent . We are looking to find them with in a month now or by then. I don't need show qaulity pets / and or backyard only. please email me with photos or your website. mom and dad and or kits also. how much your asking and i prefer Pa, Md, but may travel or ship ?
    Me

2. obsessed

obsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    Check the homesteading today forum they have a map with meat rabbit breeders or the ARBA. That is how I found my Cal and NZ.

I also recommend getting as good quality stock as you can afford. I have backyard bunnies and they aren't nearly as my breeder bunnies. I paid $10 for the backyard cal x nz and 20 for the purbreed cals and NZ.
    I think the difference betwen backyard and breeder bunnies is the same as raising chickens for meat and raising meat chickens.

3. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    You might also search out ARBA sanctioned shows in your area. Do a google search for rabbit shows. I've located sources for both NZ & Californians in my area of Maine but today I got to meet them at a show about an hour south of here.

As a plus, I was able to watch the judging and pick up some tips of what the judges look for and it may be helpful when I go to buy my breeding stock. I'll be attending another show this spring and will pay even closer attention to the judging.

Wayne

4. dakotahope

dakotahope New Egg

Nov 11, 2008
    orrtanna , pa
    [​IMG] Thanks you all , i did know about ARBA but not the forum. ill try google and other searches.
    Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by