wanted midget whites in pa

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nightshade, Nov 15, 2008.

1. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

hey guys I am trying to track down a place to get midget white turkeys in the spring. I have never gotten turkeys before for butchering but I read about these in hobby farms and desided that they sound great. We have a pet royal palm but know nothing about were to get or how to raise turkeys for butchering. So any insight would be great. We would like to get 12, they can be chicks or even ones that are alittle older.

Thanks for the help guys.

2. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I will be raising Midget Whites in the spring....Might have some extra poults if you would be interested. But wont know till the eggs hatch.
    [​IMG]

3. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    We will have some in the spring. But we are in Eastern North Carolina and our poults are pick up only we don't ship, so just plan a vacation to the Outer Banks and take care of two things at one time. [​IMG] . We also offer hatching eggs that we do ship

We don't get Hobby Farms, what did they say about them? We had some pics used in Backyard Poultry and we wrote an article for Countryside and the ALBC newsletter about the different breeds of white feathered turkeys.

Steve in NC

4. nightshade

they had a taste test against 5 other heritage breeds and the BB and the midget whites won! With bourben reds a close second, both of which got twice as many votes then the other birds in the thing.

It was either in this month's Hobby farms or this month's mother earth news or both I can't remember which. But I do know that the midget whites were in both mags this month. One had the taste test in and the other had an article from heritage breed farm in pa in.

5. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    NightShade you arent that far from me....IM outside of State College. I only plan to get 6-8 eggs to hatch for myself...but if you wanted to buy the eggs and have them sent to me I would gladly incubate them and hatch them for you. And you could pick them up.
    Just let me know [​IMG]

6. walls0stone

walls0stone Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2008
    I'd be intrested n a few polts, I dont hatch eggs...but I do get to State college some with my stone work.

7. nightshade

after an long night online I think I may get some mixed strait runs from welp hatchery in the spring. Anyone ever use them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by