1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WANTED: Mille Fleur D'Uccle pullets/hens in Northern California

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chellester, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I am looking for pure Mille Fleur pullets or hens in the Northern California area.

I would prefer pullets since I have young Mille Fleur cockerels that I will be mixing them with, but I will take hens.

I will take Mille Fleur cockerels or roosters if they have to go with the pullets/hens, but there has to be some pullets/hens in the deal since that's what I need.

I will pick up, and I am willing to pay a resonable amount and/or trade two Mille Fleur cockerels.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  2. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    No takers? No one willing to part with just one pullet/hen?

3. CashmereSussex

CashmereSussex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    don't you mean D'Uccles Mille Fleur is only a colour for Belgian Bantams

4. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I mean Mille Fleur D'Uccles. They are just referred to as Mille Fleurs in my neck of the woods. Sorry for any confusion! [​IMG]

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Chellester, if you could please email me at imadison2000@comcast.net that would be great, I'm trying to find other mille fleur breeders in nor cal! Thanks!
    -Madison-

6. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure where about you are in Nor Cal, but in Morgan Hill they had some at one of the feedstores. I am almost positive that was what the tag read.

Not sure if they still have some but you can call them if you want. Here is there number....

Feather Heaven Mill
    408-782-9485
    They are open on Sundays as well.

Like I said I believe it was what you are looking for and a rooster was on hold for someone so maybe they know someone around here that raises them??

7. Chellester

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Kanchii and wooden_pony, I'm sorry I never got back to you both... I thought I had subscribed to this thread, but I didn't; so I never saw your replys.

Since I posted this, I got fed up with trying to find hens to go with my Mille Fleur D'Uccle roosters, so I bought an incubator and found someone selling Mille Fleur D'Uccle eggs on eggbid. I now have the 2 roosters, 3 cockerels and 3 pullets that I hatched and 20 more eggs I just bought and set a few days ago.

Kanchii, if you are still interested, I will have Mille Fleur D'Uccle eggs and chicks available next spring.

Thanks for your replys! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  8. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh good I am glad you found them!!

Good luck on your 20 eggs!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by