wanted more layers-getting BA girls and boy

chooniecat

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
central ohio
currently have 6 11 mo layers and 5 4 mo layers(getting 1 egg a day now)(various breeds) so wanted to ad some GREAT layers and remembered how good my australorps(spelling?) were so ordered 6 black austalorp girls and 1 boy. hope to eventually make some of my own. will pick them up in less than 3 wks. originally did NOT want more BA layers but decided to be practical(have been getting "prettier" layers) and as I remember my australorps were all sweethearts so am doing it!!!! yeah! and in 2 yrs I will be overloaded with eggs!!!

See we just can't stop!
lau.gif
Sounds good to me

well-I am not normally into "pretty" as a choice for adopting my animals and realize now that the "pretty" layers I have are very much individuals and I will have a hard time when it comes time for processing(and some of ya'll will be horrified). I have room for the current and upcoming chickens ONLY so will have to process SOMEONE in a few years so I can bring in new stock. so the thought process for getting new layers was not being able to differentiate the hens(so much) and maybe it won't be so hard to process them? see how THAT goes in 3 yrs. or so. we've already learned to do meaties(and I cried quite a bit as I did a few myself) but we no longer buy commercially raised eggs/meat so........will be building new area for meaties also.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom