Wanted: (MS) bantam blue orp. eggs/birds

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marie_martin, Nov 14, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I came home from being out of town and went out to visit the birds. Dh and I had been working on coops before I left and had left a couple of boards standing inside the main pen. Well I saw that it had fallen over and so I picked it up and guess what. I found? My sweet little blue orp. Roo and one of my only two blue orpington hens. This makes me sick. Dh said that we had some wind the day before and that it must have blown over then. I am just so mad at myself for not thinking to remove it. We were just so tired and forgot and then I left the next day for a week of training, so it never got moved. I am wondering if anyone has any eggs or birds that are not too awfully far from me? I am in mississippi. The roo was from james (jmhappycowboy) and the girl is the one from kingscalls that survived my incubator woes (her and one other chick) and then she survived a dog getting in and killing mom and other baby (I adopted them to a silkie) so she was very special. They both were. Thanks.

Marie

2. chicktwit

chicktwit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    The last time I heard from JM he still had a bunch of bantam orps. I got some birds from him during his sale. You should contact him because I think he said he had about 20 young orps that hadn't sold yet. I'd have gotten more but they have to be shipped & he's out of boxes & really needs them picked up instead.

3. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks. I assumed he had sold them all. I am going to see what he has.

Marie

4. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Oh! I'm so sorry about your orp. I had that happen in my coop -- I had made my little ones a ramp to climb on by leaning a board up against the wall and placing a 2 x 4 at the foot of it to keep it in place. Well all 30 birds must have climbed on the ramp at once and it fell down... When I went to the coop, I lifted it up, and a little 4-week-old RIR chick was underneath.

Somehow, the RIR (that looked crushed, and was lying on her side smushed against the pine shaving bedding) got up, walked away, and is now fine. But in the moment that I thought she was dead, my heart just SANK. So many things can go wrong... we can never remember everything [​IMG]

Hope you fall in love with your new ones!

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I found a source for Blue Orpington bantams!!!! He is a seller on eggbid.com. His eggs come from show stock. I won an auction for some other eggs and asked about the Blues. I have 3 dozen bantam eggs shipping from him to me at the end of the month.

He sells them for $20/doz plus shipping.

His name is Dick and his email is:
    [email protected]

6. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks Amy. I have not decided if I will get more of them. I really need to concerntrate on the breeds I have. I really don't have room for more. But I will keep that info just in case.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by