WANTED::: MUSCOVY DUCKS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NATURALMOMMY, Jul 23, 2008.

1. NATURALMOMMY

NATURALMOMMY New Egg

Jul 23, 2008
    [​IMG] HEY ANYBODY GOT MUSCOVY BABIES FOR SALE NEAR GREENSBORO NC ???? THANKS!

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I am in Missouri , to bad. I have lots! I wanted to say good choice. So many people absolutley abhor them because they have Caruncles. I love them!!! They are so friendly, make wonderful meat, hatch out 3 huge clutches a year , are not aggresive to me, seldom aggresive to each other. They also can fly really well. They are wonderful .
    I hope you find some and enjoy them!!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Well you can't have MINE!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck they're really cute!

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have hatching eggs available....PM me if you want some.

5. NATURALMOMMY

NATURALMOMMY New Egg

Jul 23, 2008
    Dang it! Had my post typed and touched the wrong key and it disappeared. May be posting twice. Anyway, read up on Muscovy ducks and wanted them for natural fly/mosquito/spider control.(live in the woods.) Also, read good for eating, not greasy. Have 27 chickens and trying to get away from buying the questionable meat in the stores. (cloned, antibiotics, hormones, inhumane conditions etc.) Also, was thinking about raising turkeys for meat. I already have guineas for natural tick control. With 5 little kids and one on the way, soooo tired of checking for ticks every night! Already did the hatching thing with the chickens and can't stand the thought of using the bator for anything else. Hard to deal with the little people and baby chicks who don't make it. ::::sigh:::: Thanks for letting me know about the hatching eggs though.

NaturalMommy
    taking care of hubby, 5 little people with one on the way, 2 goldens, 2 labs, 1 min pin, 5 cats, 4 kittens, 27 chickens, 6 guineas, 2 cockatiels, 1 parakeet, 1 beta fish, 1 turtle with an attitude [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Yup...Muscovies are the best bug control--unless you wanted some guineas?

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Check with the hatcheries if you don't want to incubate.

I got mine from Country hatchery a few weeks ago.

8. wildernessdweller

wildernessdweller Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    Quote:I'll have mucovy ducklings pretty soon, 5-6 pied females all setting..... $5 each plus shipping, I think you have to send 8 to keep them warm enough......... if you're interested pm me with zip so I can find out cost of shipping.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by