Wanted: Narrangansett Turkey Poults

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by woodsedge, Dec 15, 2011.

1. woodsedge

woodsedge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    I am looking for 2-4 (PREFER 2 PAIRS) SHOW QUALITY narragansett turkey poults, Id even take 6 if theres is at least 2 toms. I dont want to be charged an arm and a leg but I do want poults from pretty decent quality parents. MUST be willing to ship them, I know thats a lot to ask with the weather starting to cool downbut I m in college and with my scheduel I dont have time to drive to pick them up. Would like a local OHIO breeder but not a priority. IF IN OHIO maybe able to pick depending on location OR if youd meet me half way (Id pay for your gas). Younger the poults the better, Id like young poults that dont need heat lamps if possible again not a priority we have plenty here, just figured it would be better on them if they needed shipped. you can either responed here or email me ([email protected])with your price and price of them and their parents

2. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Mike Stichler, of the ODA, raises that breed, I believe. He does really well at shows with his Dominique chickens, but I don't remember how his turkeys do. He took home a truckload of trophies from the ON this year. I don't have his card handy, so PM me if you can't find a way of getting a hold of him, and I'll look harder.

3. dickhorstman

dickhorstman Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Dec 8, 2009
    burgettstown,pa
    Poults are going to be hard to find this time of the year. Eagle Nest Hatchery,Oceola,Ohio. 419-562-1993 has several breeds of heritage turkeys that are better than average.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by