1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted. New Chicks in Maine.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MainelyChicken, Jul 30, 2013.

1. MainelyChicken

MainelyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Wells, Maine
    My Coop
    Hi, im am looking to add to my coop. I don't know where to look for new chicks in Maine. Any suggestions????

2. mithious

mithious Chillin' With My Peeps

since no one is answering you, there are threads on here for most states, if you go to the top of the forum, you will see a search box, type in Maine and see what comes up. Good luck !

I would recommend a large reputable hatchery, or a breeder, although breeders aren't selling till sept, I think??? But if you could wait a month? There are some reputable breeders here in New Hampshire if you wanted to travel, some aren't selling till spring here though...maybe there are some in Maine too??? Do a search though and check it out. The breeders that are on here are great! I would trust them completely!

Gotta be careful of buying nilly willy...you could end up in trouble you don't need or want...you might want to read some. I will post a link that is very informative and has great suggestions!

3. mithious

mithious Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by