Wanted: newly hatched chicks or eggs due to hatch in a week, Ithaca NY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by loopy12, May 11, 2010.

1. loopy12

loopy12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    My broody hen was attacked night before last, I think by racoons who somehow reached through the air vent.
    Her eggs were due to hatch today. Of the 11 she had, 8 were taken and of the remaining three one is a dud, one pipped and died and the other I think died a few days ago.
    I would hate for her to get nothing after all this. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Does anyone in the FINGERLAKES/ITHACA, NY AREA have any chicks that just hatched (like less than 24 hours old) or will be hatching in the next few days that I could buy?
    Or does anyone have eggs that are due to hatch in the next week that they would part with that I could rush home and put under her????
    I'm so devastated for her. She protected her remaining eggs with her life and got very scratched and bloody and I would hate her to have nothing for her efforts, nor do I want her to have to start again and sit there for 3 more weeks...help - ?

2. Chickens14

Chickens14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Ulster County NY
    So Sorry about the lil peeps [​IMG]
    I wish you were closer I have three lil frizzle/silkie/polish mix less then a week old [​IMG]

have you tried Agway or Tracter supply store?
    Good luck!

3. clothdiaperingmom

clothdiaperingmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    Sweetwater, TX
    Oh Loopy, so sorry.. [​IMG]

4. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    I'm happy to share some of my eggs. they were started 4/24 and 4/30. Email sent to you.

Last edited: May 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by